Barriers Rockfall protection
Rockfall barrier systems are designed to intercept falling rocks which have detached from the rock face above them and pose a threat for humans or human structures.
Rockfall barriers are complex structures of steel cables, connections of steel cables to structural elements, energy absorbing devices and anchorages, capable of high deformation capacities.
Their versatility allows them to be used along side different positions, to protect built-up areas, roads, or in coupling with other passive interventions (such as nettings), even in narrow spaces.
|Type||Barrier 500 E||Barrier 1000 E|
|Product||Energy class||2 (500 kJ)||3 (1000 kJ)|
|System height||3 – 3,5m||4 – 5m|
|Support||Type of post||HEA 100, zinc coated||HEA 120, zinc coated|
|Interception structure||Net||Diagonal wire rope net||Diagonal wire rope net|
|Mesh-rope||Ø8 mm Steel-rope, zinc coated||Ø9mm Steel-rope, zinc coated|
|Additional layer||Diagonal wire mesh 50x50mm||Diagonal wire mesh 50x50mm|
|Brakes||Type of brake||Rope brake||Rope brake|
|Braking cable||Ø18 mm Steelrope, zinc coated||Ø18 mm Steelrope, zinc coated|
- The size, the quality of materials and their technical specifications are standardised and certified.
- Very effective for rockfall protection and environmentally harmless.
- Easy to install due to the modular system structure.
- Easy and economically maintained.
- Is a flexible system with low impact forces on the individual components.
- They deform limited after the impact of the rock and maintain adequate levels of protective shield in their flexible screen buffer.