Rockfall protection barriers
Rockfalls are common geological phenomena with natural or anthropogenic causes and occur unpredictably because of the great diversity of factors affecting them. Especially on major roads or railways and where the planning includes the passage between rocky cut slopes, the risk of rock falls is high.
The rockfall protection barriers with high energy absorption model Isostop are structures fit to protect from phenomena of rock falling with energy development from 100 to 5.000 kJ
They are essentially made of:
- pillars in galvanized steel section type HEB/HEA joint to the base plate by a hinge constraint
- panels of wire rope net with diagonal square laterally joined among themselves and to the upper and lower carrying cables
- retaining wire ropes
- braking elements
The size, the quality of materials and their technical specifications are standardized and certified.
These systems are very effective in the rockfall protection and environmentally harmless, and have the following characteristics:
- Flexibility in every morphological and geo-morphological event thanks to the modular system structure, the combination of specific components and the diversity of support bases which can be easily adapted to the geotechnical characteristics of the area to be protected.
- Easy to install and economy, thanks to the modular system structure, easy installation of individual components and the limited number of drillings and establishing tissue and anchor ropes.
- Easy and economy in maintenance, thanks to the modular system structure, easy assembly-disassembly of individual components.
- Flexible system with low impact forces on the individual components.
- Limited deformities and maintaining adequate levels of protective shield after the impact rock in flexible screen buffer.
- Absolute efficiency in simultaneous strikes in various parts of the fence or minor bumps in the same section by linking all parts of and the cooperation of the entire front side during the impact. The effects of falls are absorbed by the grid and construction support. The resulting external voltages fed into anchors and soil.
- No enviromental impact thanks to the transparency of the structure and to the structural lightness of its components.
|Type||Barrier 500 E||Barrier 1000 E|
|Product||Energy class||2 (500 kJ)||3 (1000 kJ)|
|System height||3 – 3,5 m||4 – 5m|
|Support structure||Type of post||HEA 100, zinc coated||HEA 120, zinc coated|
|Interception structure||Net||Diagonal wire rope net||Diagonal wire rope net|
|Mesh-rope||8 mm Steel-rope, zinc coated||9mm Steel-rope, zinc coated|
|Additional layer||Diagonal wire mesh 50x50mm||Diagonal wire mesh 50x50mm|
|Brakes||Type of brake||Rope brake||Rope brake|
|Braking cable (Ø)||18 mm Steelrope, zinc coated||18 mm Steelrope, zinc coated|
|Braking distance||1500 mm||3000 mm|
|Ropes||Main cable (Ø)||18 mm Steelrope, zinc coated||18 mm Steelrope, zinc coated|
|Lateral cable (Ø)||12 mm Steelrope, zinc coated||16 mm Steelrope, zinc coated|
|Retention cable (Ø)||12 mm Steelrope, zinc coated||16 mm Steelrope, zinc coated|
|Anchoring||Post anchor (Ø)||GEWI bar D = 25 mm, M24 thread bar||GEWI bar D = 25 mm, M24 thread bar|
|Lateral anchor (Ø)||Spiral cable anchor D = 16 mm||Spiral cable anchor D = 18 mm|
|Retention anchor (Ø)||Spiral cable anchor D = 14 mm||Spiral cable anchor D = 16 mm|